PLEASE NOTE WE HAVE CHANGED THE WAY WE OPERATE THE SANDBOARDING TO COMPLY WITH COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS. PLEASE SEE OUR COVID-19 PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
How are we Different ?
- The only company that allows stand up boarding
- We do not cater to bus groups, so no crowds. We pride ourselves on personalised and friendly service.
- A shaded picnic area is provided, with tables and chairs where you can relax and enjoy the views.
- We travel the furthest out into the dunes to our private sand boarding area (approx 10 min trip one way depending on conditions) so you can experience 4WDing over the dunes.
- Locally family owned and operated!
Where do we depart from ?
We have an office on site where you can meet us for your adventure.
What do i need to bring ?
- Small bag/backpack for belongings
- Snacks and drinks, feel free to bring an Esky.
- Camera for photos (please note, we recommend you do not slide with your camera on your person)
- Casual clothing
- Shoes, however the sandboarding is better bare footed
- Please do not bring alcohol onto the dunes. Sandboarding and drinking don’t mix! It is also a National Park, so no glass bottles please.
Do I need to book in advance ?
When should i arrive ?
If you are running late please contact us on 0425 213 096. You can also text us on this number.
Why does your company allow stand up sand boarding while other companies do not ?
There are various reasons for this:
- We are a small family company who do not cater to large busloads of tourists whom often have language barriers, so we can provide a more personalised service, instruction and we are assured everyone understands the rules to ensure safety
- No crowds means it is far more manageable and we can keep an eye on everyone to make sure rules are being followed
- The sand dune we use is very large (a big “U” shape) so there is plenty of room for everyone to spread out which greatly reduces the risk of a collision between sand boarders.
Do kids go free and do they need a car seat for the bus ride ?
Do you sell gift vouchers ?
My kids are only young, can they still sand board ?
When is the best time to go ?
Best conditions for boarding is during cool weather after it has rained or during rain (not too heavy of course!) when the sand is hard and smooth – this is when you slide the fastest! HOWEVER we do not allow stand up boarding when the sand is wet, it is too dangerous. Please call us if you are unsure of conditions.
Can we bring our pets ?
Do you have credit card/eftpos facilities ?
Do you operate in all weather conditions ?
How long to we get to sand board for ?
I have a large group, can we all fit on one 4WD vehicle ?
Our 4WD bus can carry 20 people, and we also have a number of 7 and 11 seat Landcruisers. If you have more people than this we can arrange for the bus to come straight back after dropping off the first group of people. We can arrange for groups of up to 100 people, please call us for further details.
Look for our Ticket Booth in the Lower Car Park